This week in lecture we focused on quantifiers which usually involved matching statements with functions. To help illustrate these ideas, we were introduced to Venn Diagrams that show whether each of the four regions may be empty or occupied (?), not occupied (X), or occupied (O).
At first, I found the concept of the Venn Diagrams a bit difficult to wrap my head around. In order to understand them further I reviewed my notes and re-did the examples from previous lectures. The concept is fairly clear to me now, and as a visual learner, I feel as though mastering the use of the Venn diagrams will help me further in the course.
Overall I'm finding the idea of quantifiers as claims about sets fairly straight forward. The quiz during the lab went well, so I'd say this .gif does a good job summing up how I'm feeling so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment